The mission of the Student Air Rifle Program is to facilitate an introduction to the lifetime sport of target shooting to school-aged youth in grades 4 through 12.
The purpose of the Student Air Rifle Program is to increase involvement in the shooting sports, enhance educational performance, and promote positive youth development through firearms safety and target shooting education.
The vision of the Student Air Rifle Program is everyone will have the opportunity to participate in the shooting sports and target shooting will be universally regarded as a safe, relevant and educational activity.
1. Safety will be practiced and promoted ensuring target shooting remains a safe activity.
2. Primary curriculum focus will be basic air rifle target shooting methods.
3. Standardized training and equipment will be used to deliver a safe, structured, educational and fun curriculum.
4. SAR will be taught in-school using curriculum aligned with national physical education standards and delivered by certified school teachers in grades 4 through 12.
5. SAR will be coordinated through fish and wildlife agencies around the country.
6. Regional, State, and National tournaments will be promoted and encouraged to foster student development, educational performance, and teamwork.